I completed the upgrade to Gallery 2 Beta 3 out of boredom. I think they have done a great job with this app. If you’re used to version 1.x, it will take some getting used to, but there are so many more features and improvements it’s worth it. My primary complaint might be that it’s almost too complicated at times.
Of what I’ve seen, here are some goodies:
- improved sorting
- complete module management
- progress bars during file uploads, etc.
- fully functional gallery 1.x import scripts
- rewrite templates (for simple urls)
- site admin scripts to do everything from resetting cache to rebuilding all thumbs
Gallery 2 is worth a shot.