Having a child sure changes things. So does leaving your job after about 10 years of service. Naturally, I decided to make life interesting and tackle both at the same time.
Tomorrow I’ll be joining the engineering team at Box. Box is aiming to change the way people work and communicate — I’m excited about joining a great team and culture. It’s going to be awesome; even Ella is excited:
So how have I spent the last two months? Well:
- Watching Ella grow up way too fast
- Traveling to Oregon, Yosemite and Mammoth
- Riding my bike
- Turned 35
- Took time to reflect on my time at Mozilla, including replying to all of the emails I got when I left (I will miss you folks!)
- Playing basketball and softball
- Catching up with old friends
- Finally getting around to finishing Torchlight (I & II)
- Reading up on some tech and playing with some koans
It’s been a great summer. Living in the moment, being able to focus on just being a dad, cherishing this rare time in Ella’s life with Jaime by my side has been a blessing.
Now it’s time to get to work, which will be about building things and having fun doing it.
Change is good.
5 thoughts on “Change is Good”
Welcome to Box! =D
Congrats on joining Box! Looking forward to working with you again…
Once again you said all the right words in all the right ways. You brought tears to my eyes as I read your beautiful thoughts. You took charge of your life and you will always come out a winner. You took advantage of these precious moments with Ella and Jaime and now Box will be so lucky to have you be a part of their team. I am really proud to call you my son. I love you!
Well Done! Go forward on your next chapter.
OMG Torchlight! Sounds like a nice break, well done 🙂
Comments are closed.